FMQAI: The Florida ESRD Network (Network 7) Complaint and Grievance ProcessIf you have a complaint about the care being provided to you or a family member in a dialysis clinic, you may call the Network at any time. However, you are encouraged to speak to the clinic manager, charge nurse or social worker first. Each clinic is required, by the Federal Regulations, to have a process to address/resolve complaints. The social worker in the clinic is expected to be the patient’s advocate.
The Network will serve as an advocate when addressing patient concerns in the dialysis clinic. The process involves investigating, educating and promoting communication so that all parties can work toward an acceptable resolution. If the Network has a concern about the safety of patients, the complaint is immediately forwarded to the Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) for onsite investigation. If you, as a patient or family member ever have a safety concern, you may contact the AHCA complaint line directly at (888) 419-3456.
When the Network is contacted regarding a complaint or grievance, the following occurs:
- With permission, the Network will contact the dialysis clinic or transplant center on the complainant’s behalf to resolve the concern.
- A complainant may remain anonymous throughout the investigation of a complaint; however, it may limit the Network’s ability to investigate the specific concern.
- The Network will advocate for the patient’s rights.
- The Network will make suggestions/recommendations to both the complainant and the dialysis clinic.
- The Network may require the clinic to forward documentation (treatment sheets, progress notes, etc) to us for review.
- The Network will follow-up, as needed, to make sure recommendations are followed.
- Mandate that a physician or dialysis clinic/transplant center accept a patient.
- Request that a specific staff member provide your care.
- Change or direct dialysis clinic policies or procedures.
- Override Federal Regulations.
To contact the Network by phone, please dial (800) 826-3773 during the hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
To submit your complaint in writing, mail your concern to
FMQAI: The Florida ESRD Network
5201 W Kennedy Blvd, Ste 900
Tampa, FL 33609.